Quote of the Week: Alice Munro

“I can’t play bridge. I don’t play tennis. All those things that people learn, and I admire, there hasn't seemed time for. But what there is time for is looking out the window.” --  Alice Munro
Alice Munro has become the second Canadian and the 13th woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. On so many levels, it’s a wonderful win.


The Nobel Prize for Literature has been awarded to 110 Laureates since 1901. Upon naming her the winner, the Royal Swedish Academy called Munro a “master of the contemporary short story.” In 2009 Munro was awarded the Man Booker International Prize for her lifetime body of work. The Nobel Prize amount for 2013 is set at 8.0 million Swedish kronor, which is about 1.2 million dollars.

I wrote about Munro her win for January Magazine this morning. That piece is here.
“That’s something I think is growing on me as I get older: happy endings.” -- Alice Munro

Comments

Popular Posts