If It Bleeds: First Review

I suspect I’m not the only author who holds her breath between the time the advance reading copies for a book go out and the reviews start coming in. And I’m not one of those authors who insists she doesn’t read her reviews, either. I might be holding my breath, but I’m also doing it anxiously. There’s never been a time when reviews have been more influential than now, when so many people do their deciding online. And also? It’s just plain fun to know what professional reviewers think of your work.

With all of that in mind, I was super happy the the first review for If It Bleeds, out this September from Orca Books, was so good. Here’s an excerpt from a review by Don Graves:
“... author Richards hooks the reader within thirty seconds: West Coast Vancouver atmosphere, tight plot, judicious back story, dialogue and a body. Add the tension of a newsroom full of testosterone, egos and dubious fair play and you get…If It Bleeds…read it. Hope there is more to come. Author, Richards has the knack of giving the reader a novel in novella form.” -- Don Graves, Canadian Mystery Reviews.
If you’d like to pre-order If It Bleeds, you can do so here and here.

Comments

Popular Posts